Very, very slowly. I wrote a whole 630 words this week! And most of it was on the Ficlet Project fic! Hooray!
1. SARAH JANE ADVENTURES OMG
. Maybe wanting something really really hard does
make it happen after all! ( Cut for spoilers from the video. )
So the upshot of all that is basically SQUEE. I am so glad this series is still going. So glad
Also I've been informed that there is, in fact, a Three/Jo/Iris Wildthyme audio out there somewhere. It is now my objective to make this part of my life.
2. Speaking of squee, someone on the anonmeme mentioned my fic! \o/ They mentioned it by name and everything, which sort of implies that enough people have heard of it to know what the anon was referring to when then mention it - or that they knew to seek it out when they were watching a specific serial.
I know this'll probably make me sound like extremely eager for attention, but it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Because I know you're supposed to write for yourself, but I wouldn't write if I didn't want people to read and enjoy these stories, if I didn't want to share them and send them out into the world. And the thought enough people like my little fic for it to get referenced in a place where nobody has any expectation of me seeing it just makes all the writers' block worth it.
3. In the midst of Trying To Write, I've been seriously plotting out which of the Big Huge Crazy AUs I want to write first, which ones I think I could finish realistically, etc. Because I do want to write them instead of just having them float around in my headspace. And so I've been trying to hash out a plot for the more nebulous Holy War AU
(which has fewer definite plot points) in the hopes of writing it down one of these days.( Cut for writing blather. )
So, yeah. Just an idea I've been tossing around. Plus, that gives me a venue to write some of the popular pairings in a new light - because I kind of feel obligated to write Sunstreaker/Sideswipe or Thundercracker/Skywarp, but I've never really felt that inspired to, if that makes any sense? And in this AU context I could do something new with them.
I need to make myself a schedule for which of these BHCAU I want to write first, so that I can assiduously ignore it and start working on something totally different instead.
BUT FIRST. Ficlet project. And then Springkink fic.
4. So I wrote about 140 words of "teaser" for the Holy War AU in freewrite. I decided to put it here.( 142 words, to be precise. )
I feel like I should post a bit of the Ficlet Project fic, because I've got over 500 words of it, but idk. That feels like it should be a surprise.
5. Have finally gotten hold of a scanner! We'll see if it'll actually scan my drawings instead of refusing to see them if they're not inked, because I hate inking. I'm looking forward to posting clean versions of some of my sketches. Might give me some drive to draw again.
6. It's not 1 in the morning, wow. I should probably go before it is.