You all make such unreasonable demands of me, you know.
But first, some chitchat:
1. My uncle and I are carrying a sign to the Rally to Restore Sanity/Fear tomorrow; somewhat predictably, ours reads "this is a sign", but let me tell you it was extremely tempting to make my own sign reading "+5 to SAN Check".
Because, you see, it's the Rally to Restore Sanity. And in the pen-and-paper RPG Call of Cthulu
, whenever you glimpse the Horrible Elder Things or their constructs, you lose Sanity, abbreviated as SAN. And to determine how much Sanity you've lost at any given encounter, you make a SAN Check.
So, obviously, a +5 bonus to your SAN roll would help you...drumroll...restore sanity!
I think you can see why I could not do this. With my luck out of the 60,000+ people at the Rally there'd be maybe one who knew enough about Call of Cthulu
to get it, and they'd be standing on the other side of the Mall from me, and my joke would be totally wasted. Also I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with being that much of a geek in public and possibly on national TV.
2. I have for the first time eaten a delicious new fruit! My uncle came in yesterday and very kindly took me to dinner, and we went to this Chinese restaurant we like, where they had a dish of shrimp complemented by a fruit called the longan, a relative of the lychee. Like the lychee it's small with tender pale flesh, but it's almost sugary-sweet and bursts into juice when you bite into it. The next time I drive by my local Asian market, I'm going to keep an eye out for it, and if you see any raw in your local markets (it looks like a tan lychee fruit) I highly recommend giving it a try.
3. Ellen DeGeneres dresses up as Snooki's Pouf for Halloween
. STOP BEING AMAZING ELLEN I CAN'T HANDLE
4. Paul the Octopus, who successfully predicted the outcome of every World Cup game, has died
. Spokespersons for the aquarium where he lived have proposed burying him on the aquarium grounds with a modest permanent shrine. May the aquarium bubbles rise to meet you, Paul. *removes hat*
5. A meme that pretty much everyone and their mum has done by this point:1. Comment in this post with a pairing, a character, or theory.
2. I shall write you back a paragraph explaining what I think about it (good, bad, indifferent) and why.
3. Repost in your own journal if you want.
Fandoms: TF Animated, Beast Wars, and G1; Doctor Who Doctors 1-5 and 9-11; Umineko no Naku Koro Ni (anime only; haven't read enough of the VNs to be comfortable answering questions yet); Star Trek Reboot; Shadow Raiders; ReBoot; NCIS; Bones; Toy Story. You know, stuff.
tagged me for this other writing meme, and let me tell you it takes so very long
to compare reading stats over four different sites. My life; so hard.( snip snip )
Past my bedtime; rally to get to tomorrow. Good night, flist.