But it's the only time I really get to make posts anymore, so 2 a.m. it is.
1. Is it really Doctor Who Season 5 finale time? Already? You have got to be joking. Have I really fallen that far behind?
Three or four uninterrupted hours of computer/TV time, over a couple of days, so I can catch up with the season and actually comment on people's spoilery posts, that's really all I ask. Maybe when Dad gets back from traveling my belated Father's Day "present" will be the entirety of Season 5. Which we will watch right then.
2. Speaking of Doctor Who, while appreciate having kind and hands-off mods, there comes a point when someone has clearly not read the comm rules and should probably be at least notified that they're not following them. For instance, if they post Tenth Doctor/Simm!Master and Eleven/Amy in who_otp
, a comm specifically set aside for pairings that, you know, aren't already getting seven or eight new fics a day. Like Tenth Doctor/Simm!Master, for instance! And even if Eleven/Amy isn't specifically on the list of disallowed pairings, I'm pretty sure that given how much of it there is that it's not within the spirit of the comm to post it there.
This is an incredibly petty complaint, I know, but reading comm rules is such a basic thing and it annoys me so when people just don't bother because - I don't even know why, it's not like an adult-rated Ten/Simm or Eleven/Amy fic is going to be hurting for readers exactly.
Okay, that's enough whining out of me for today.
3. There have been many, many announcements regarding Portal 2! It's really happening! The dev team is actually taking steps to make sure it isn't a retread of Portal! They've promised not to overplay the cake meme! There's whole new physics sets to manipulate! I just. It took me ages and ages to even get the hang of Portal, but it really is one of the most amazing games I've ever played, and I want so badly
for Portal to break the Sequel Curse and turn out an actually good sequel that transcends its roots as a moneymaking exercise and becomes an organic expansion of the first installment, I want so much for it to be more Portal
in the best sense of the word. Please oh please oh please let it be good. *crosses fingers*
That said, I have to say I'm looking forward almost as much to Yahtzee's review of Portal 2. Fervent love for Portal + categorical hatred of sequels and franchise properties = certain hilarity.
4. In my spare moments I have continued rummaging about through my old CDs and have discovered yet more of the old anime soundtrack downloads that I used to play on endless loops! There are songs on there I haven't heard in five, six years but that I'd always wanted to seek out again, and now I have them all to myself. *snuggles* I never had much fondness for Fushigi Yugi
as a series, but darn if the theme song wasn't pretty, and I'm so happy that I can play it whenever I want again.
5. So among the many Big Huge Transformers Fic Things I've been contemplating is a story about Elita's team during the four million years that the robots that G1 follows were unconscious - about their missions, about staying hidden and surviving and all the harrowing escapades and daring heroics they must have got up to over all that time. And since Arcee tends to get lumped in with the Female Autobots and there's not a lot of fic out there of Arcee, I figured, sure, why not include her. ( But there are some problems. )
6. So, reportedly, Shockwave is going to be the main villain in Transformers 3. I am very concerned about this, of course. If the villain of this movie has no face, how is Optimus supposed to take it at the end? You have to think about these things, Bay, there’s an internet meme at stake here.
Also there is talk that there will be less focus on the robots in the third movie. I would point out that Beast Wars had no human characters at all
and still managed to be entertaining, but hey, that’s why they don’t hire me to make movies, I guess.
Also War for Cybertron apparently has already been released and Slipstream really is in it
, eeeee. I don’t care if she isn’t in the main game mode, there she is
! This game shall be mine even if I have to babysit more four-year-olds for it, I swear it will.
7. Speaking of Big Huge Transformers Fic Ideas, a while back while I was still in school I browsed through the Wild Mass Guessing page for TFA
, and I came across the theory that Sari ( Spoilers for Animated and Beast Machines and teal deer from here on )
I really, really like the idea behind this, but there’s no way I’ll have the time or plot-writing capacity to actually write it, um, ever, so, call it a plot bunny up for adoption by whoever wants it.
And now, per usual, I have lots of other things to say (including my Monday babysitting adventures) but am up far too late and must go to bed before I waste half the next day sleeping. Night, flist.